HOW TO APPLY
- Funds are limited to specific medical schools annually.*
- Students apply online by completing/e-signing the application, promissory note, self-certification form, and W9-S form.
- Upload PDF of the recommendation from the Financial Aid Office or verification of enrollment from the Registrar (MUST be on school letterhead and contain expected graduation date).
- Upload a copy of your current drivers license or picture ID.
- After review of all submitted application materials, TMA will email applicants with instructions regarding the required virtual or telephone meeting with a TMA Interviewing Trustee. During this meeting, the terms of loans and the importance of becoming involved in organized medicine is discussed.
- Upon approval, the loan will be provided directly to the student via direct deposit within approximately two (2) weeks.
* Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Christian University/University of North Texas HSC School of Medicine, University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine, UTHSC San Antonio-Long Medical School, and UTMB Galveston require medical students to contact their Financial Aid Officers prior to applying online with TMA.